Saturday, January 26, 2013

Franco Grignani / Alfieri & Lacroix ads



Milan designer Franco Grignani is most famous for his 1964 Wool logo, an elegant, simple design that was used around the world by the International Wool Secretariat (though the company attributes the design to Francesco Saroglia).  
    Among designers, Grignani, was probably better known for the stylish trade ads he designed for the Milan printer Alfieri & Lacroix.  These ran from the late fifties into the sixties and most books covering the history of graphic design reproduce one or two.  The ads were very distinctive with their photomontage of type combined with line photos and bright colors. 
    I often wondered if he was influenced by Bradbury Thompson who produced a lot of work for the Westvaco paper company in the fifties using overlapping images printed in process colors. 



































2 comments:

  1. Hey there I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a remarkable
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and
    also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.



    Also visit my webpage double glazing

    ReplyDelete